The company was established by Johann Schowanek in 1908. The factory began to produce wooden beads, buttons, and other small lathe-turned parts. The firm soon became the largest producer of its kind anywhere in Europe. In 1927 the production range was extended to include wooden toys, which boosted the renown of the company. After 1945 factory began to produce mechanics for upright pianos, with grand piano mechanics coming later.
The factory is now the largest and oldest producer of wooden toys, parlour game components, wooden beads, upright and grand piano mechanics and keyboards in the Czech Republic. All products are made from high-quality wood, which comes from the mountain regions of Central Europe. Paints and finishes are all high quality, certified, and ecological, comply with the EN 71 standard, and do not constitute any burden on the environment. As our toys are mostly designed with the smallest children in mind, special attention is given to the technological process and the finish, which guarantees the lasting high quality of our products.